GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

New acquisition

Duraipunk

Well lately i've been enjoying shooting with a Ricoh GR1 which i picked up off Ebay and that in turn led to me buying a Ricoh R1E and today i just couldn't resist and i purchased a GRD II. I think i got a good deal as it came boxed with all accesories for £110.

Also i've checked the number of shutter actuations and it is stated as being 74! Do you think this is likely to be the true shutter count or more likely that someone has blazed through 999,999 shots?

Congrats, that a good find. I wouldn't go by the shutter count too often.
Sometimes if the camera was sent in for repair, the count gets reset.
But I'm with you, I think it's the original count cause the previous owner didn't use the camera.

Sounds like you got a very good deal...so now you can spend a bit more on a GW-1 & GT-1 and a GV-1....there are some good deals around on this kit as it only works with the GRD/GRD2 (apart of course from the GV-1). Like you, I buy second hand (carefully) and hunting out bargains only adds to the fun.

Welcome to the forum - don't wait too long to post some shots.

Richard

I was definitely going be on the look out for the GV-1 but now i've got even more to look out for since you've added to the GAS mentioning the converter lenses!

Took it out for a spin earlier, here's one of my shots -
Ciggies.jpg

Well impressed with the camera so far. It's totally user friendly and i love being able to customise it to my preference.

Hello and welcome Dura ... much congrats on your "New Aquisition" i wish you many long and happy times your new little companions :cool:
Very fine image also .... i greatly like the feel ;) ... and is that a cigarette she holds or is she just pleased to see you :D

Be well - Kort .

:)

Duraipunk":20qqmkiz said:
....Well impressed with the camera so far. It's totally user friendly and i love being able to customise it to my preference.

That's one of the reasons we like shooting with our Ricohs!

A belated welcome from me! Hope you're enjoying your new Ricohs - look forward to seeing more of your pics on here soon ;) .

Back