GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Motor coach in Winter

DiZegna

Hi to all,

just one pics of Czech motor coach, type M 131. Done with my 28mm GXR module @ f18.
Sometimes I like making the shoots in HDR. Processed in Zoner photo studio 15 via HDR tone mapping of 3 RAWs. I found the Zoner quite comperable to Silkypix or Adobe Lightroom.

And whats your opinion of using the HDR?

Regards, Kamil

Attachments

• Hurvajs.jpg
    EXIF
    Hurvajs.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 316
I find many HDR images to be quite striking (eye catching) but a bit false looking with almost saturated colours a bit like you see on some calendars. As a result I soon tire of the image but I do like your composition and subject.

Richard

Looks quite good. No doubts that HDR can help to optically improve the dynamic range of high contrast scenes with very bright and very dark areas captured at once. However, it also is easy to overcook the result by too vivid colours for instance. I particularly found getting of realistic skies to be a quite common and many times also quite disturbing problem (notice the halo effect on a border with darker subjects around the sky like the tree tops).

Peter

Thanks all for your comments.
I know that Ricoh its not typical camera for this kind of photography, but sometimes I cannot help mayself to improve photos this way :)
Regards, Kamil

Back