GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

MG dashboards

Blow-in

Seen on Sunday and captured by the trusty GRD4 on a dull day...

Richard

Attachments

• dash1.JPG
    EXIF
    dash1.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 512
  • dash2.JPG
    EXIF
    dash2.JPG
    379.8 KB · Views: 500
  • dash3.JPG
    EXIF
    dash3.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 501
  • dash4.JPG
    EXIF
    dash4.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 500
I like most the #1 colour combination though would not feel much offended having any of them in the garage.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks. #4 is a MGA and that's the one I really want. For the moment though I am content with my 'modern' MGF.

Richard

Attachments

• MGF dash.JPG
    EXIF
    MGF dash.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 441
Wiener":s3oklswb said:
Great idea for serial comparisons Richard! And nicely executed...
Andy
Thanks Andy. I will try to find some more to photograph. That MGA steering wheel is a massive 17 inches in diameter - before the day of PAS and when 'men were men'.

Richard

This is a better angle to compare the 'modern' MGF (1995 - 2001) with the older MGA (1955 - 1962).

MGF:

MGA:

Richard

Attachments

• Int 1.JPG
    EXIF
    Int 1.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 355
  • dash4.JPG
    EXIF
    dash4.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 360
An interesting set. Very nostalgic. I still regret selling my 1949 MGTD Midget many years ago when family responsibilities required a "sensible" car - a Ford Cortina I think it was.

ayewing":ewf9a34r said:
An interesting set. Very nostalgic. I still regret selling my 1949 MGTD Midget many years ago when family responsibilities required a "sensible" car - a Ford Cortina I think it was.
Yes, you will remember the MG but probably not the Ford. TDs have great character. You could be a MGF owner for well under £2k - I think Trophy Cars are nearby.

Richard

Back