GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Medz Yeghern

riccadonna

I`m of mixed origin mostly polish but one of my distant relative was the last Armenian Catholic Archbishop of Lwow Jozef Teodorowicz. To-day is remembrance day. I don´t have a photograph that can depict the cruelty of those times so I made an universal one that represent hundreds of thousand
forgotten names that were send to those dark heavens. Stanislaw

Attachments

• R0033335web.jpg
    EXIF
    R0033335web.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 491
I can't comment on the photo, because I'm not sure what I'm looking at - but I can say that we live in sad times if, after 100 years, there are still countries who, with all their honor and strength, behave like the pettiest of individuals, and cannot bring themselves to say they are sorry, or acknowledge the plight of another people. In fact, I don't think there is a single country that is able to swallow its pride - it seems to be a malady of nationalism everywhere.

Thank you for your image Riccadonna, I am like Quester I don't fully understand the image but I feel I don't need to.
All I need to do is acknowledge your contribution. I think the hand says most, it was a good inclusion.

Thanks friends for your response. True, the symbolism of the picture may be overstretched in this case. To me, it somehow represents the row of something hanged. In some places and times they were people. Here I saw instead hanged dark slates with invisible names on them. This points out an importance of a supporting pictures to make a clear sense. I mean a picture of hands tied behind, eyes blindfolded and so on.... I`m not so good at it shying of the OBVIOUS. My strength and my weakness. Greetings Stanislaw

riccadonna":17idjm5h said:
Thanks friends for your response. True, the symbolism of the picture may be overstretched in this case. To me, it somehow represents the row of something hanged. In some places and times they were people..

Actually this is what I thought your intention was, but of course it's better in this case that you have said it yourself. So the message did indeed come across.
Perhaps the silhouette of a man standing under the plates would have helped - but then it would have to be staged, as it doesn't look like a place where a person would stand...
The main thing is that the photo has significance for you.

Back