GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Max Capacity SD Card?

TokaiTele

Hi there!
Can anyone tell me what the maximum size SD card is for the GR Digital? I've just tried using an 8gb card, and it wouldn't format, so I'm guessing that's too big? I've just bought my GR-D, and I'd like to shoot RAW whenever possible, so the bigger the card, the better!

Cheers & thanks

Hi TokaiTele and welcome on board!

The maximum size of SD card for GRDI is 2GB. For larger cards you need camera with SDHC support (GRDII, GX100, GX200, etc...). I would suggest you to check this list of cards and their speeds and choose the fastest one:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Thanks odklizec,

That's exactly what I needed. I was a little surprised to see the relatively poor performance of the SanDisc Extreme cards in that test. It's amazing how differently cards will perform depending on the device.

Thanks again for the reply. As soon as I've had a chance to play with the camera I'll post my comments. Meanwhile, I'll spend some time browsing through the posts on this forum!

Cheers
TokaiTele

You are welcome! If you could not find a GRDI area covered by forum posts, feel free to ask any question you may have ;)

Back