GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

lost photos

karyn birch

Hi...
I went to download my recent photos onto my computer this morning but only 350 were on the stick. I checked on Monday and I had just over 1000 photos. I took the memory stick out of the camera while I travelled on the plane. I put it back in this morning to download. I didn't delete any photos or press anything on the camera except for the on button. I am very confused as to where they could have gone. Cn anyone help me please. I am so upset.
Thanks Karyn

I have a very good experience with the PhotoRec SW (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec). It's a freeware and very powerful tool. I was able to recover all images from a mistakenly formatted SD card plus some I purposely deleted. The important thing is that the card must not be used after the accidental deletion. Once there are saved some new data on to the card, the chances of recovery drop down dramatically.

I'd like to suggest using the little SD card lock when recovering the images. This stops the computer writing anything to the card during recovery.
The idea is that if one recovery software does not work then you can always try another without "disturbing" the data or more importantly the directory the structure of the card.

Back