GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

LightZone is back!

bbodine9

Good News!

Submitted by tex on Sat, 06/15/2013 - 11:14

Today, June 15, 2013, marks an extraordinary event here at the LightZone Project. The new, free, open source V4.0 of LightZone for Windows goes live today. Follow the new link in the block in the left sidebar for the download package. Please read all the text BEFORE you download. The Linux version should be following along shortly (some glitches popped up this week), and the Mac Beta Test will also start as soon as one key defect (defect=bug we know about ;-* ) has been rectified. More...
Note that I have moved some things around on the page and etc. to reflect the new status of the older, archived versions. We no longer recommend that you download these older versions.
There will be another few changes forthcoming involving a consolidation of the RAW profiling instructions. The new versions of the software will all contain the latest RAW profiles we have ready, but the latest of those are now 5 months old. As soon as we get the Linux Version published and the Mac Beta completed and the Mac version published, we will probably turn towards working on new RAW profiles and maybe some maintenance point releases having to do with any lingering performance issues.
I want you to please join with me in congratulating the Dev team for the superb and selfless job they have done in resurrecting our favorite photo editing software. I will be adding to the "About" page to give due credit to all of them and their sometimes heroic efforts. I want to especially single out Doug Pardee, without whom we would never have gotten to the point where the Dev Team cavalry arrived to save us pioneers from extinction during our lonely travails in the wilderness. You our members are also to be congratulated for your faith and patience in this project, which you can now see paying off. A great day for all of us!
Please bear with me as I continue to develop the webpage (slowly, unfortunately) so that it is worthy of this unusual accomplishment.

Yours truly and humbly,
tex andrews

gs:

Back