GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Less than 5 sec Interval: is it possible?

rx235

Hi to everyone,

Hi have a Ricoh Gx200, bought last july with the intent of doing time-lapse photography.

I found it really amazing, the only thinh I'd like to improve is the interval.

I'd like to shoot at 1 sec or 2 sec interval.

Do someone know wheter or not this is possible?

Maybe with a new firmware?

Thanks in advance for anyone that will answer me.

Cheers,

R.

Hi R. and welcome here! Hope to see some of your timelapses! There are at least two active timelapsers at this forum. If you are interested, search for "setvak" and "DaveT" posts.

I'm afraid, there is no direct way to use shorter interval than 5secs. Ricoh refuses to allow shorter timer than 5secs because not everyone uses Class6 cards and slower cards could be a problem in case of 1 or 2 secs interval. The only way how to use shorter interval is probably the continuous mode. See this Martin Setvak's continuous timelapse trick...
viewtopic.php?p=10746#p10746
The drawback of this solution is that you can take only 999 photos in continuous mode.

Pavel, thanks for the link to the earlier post of setvak. I missed this one and its worth a quick read. Who would have though there was such a simple solution! I would like to try some interval movies sometime and I have some ideas for locations/subjects.

Back