GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Introduction

GXRfan

Ciao a tutti !!! Hi, everybody.
This is my first post with the purpose to introduce myself to the community. I'm from the south of Italia.
I shoot my first pic back in 1971 when the pic was still called photograph, with an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic borrowed from my father. Since then I never stopped to make pics and I had passed thru the Nikon, the Olympus, the Contax "times" or "love". Some years ago, after a long love affair with Nikon, I went back to my first love, the Asahi Pentax, as I still call it. At the same time I had to purchase my first digital camera because I needed it for my job. Since 2003 the progress has been incredible and 2 years ago I almost dropped my beloved MX and purchased a GXR with the M12 Leica module. Thru an adapter I'm using on it the following Pentax lenses: 28mm f2; 35mm f2; 40mm f2.8; 50mm f1.4, all 'M' series (the best) . On top of them I took a Tokina 17mm f3.5 because I missed a wideangle for the GXR. Presently I'm looking for an 85mm f2 to complete my "line-up" of great lenses. I'm considering to switch to a full-frame digital camera but the step is very expensive even with the last Sony and I'm but in doubt because the GXR is indeed a great camera which - together with its VF-1 electronic finder - is allowing me to face any photographic situation and need.
I stop here for now and will be reading around the forum to read interesting experience made by other members using manual lenses with the GXR.
Buona giornata. (have a nice day).

Back