GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Industar-69 28/2.8

Adventures with the Orion. A lens I bought before the A12 mount module "in anticipation". It had very tight focus action so I stripped it and re-lubricated it. No grease and it was smooth as butter. I must have put too much new grease. Back together and it is tight again. It was my first lens pull-down, the thought of those flea-sized screws hasn't made me rush to have another try.

The Russar I had way back then was a bit battered, worked well enough and had a serial number that said "prototype". Might be, but maybe not but it does not follow,the regular Russian build year numbering system.

I saved my pennies and bought another Russar this one was the later model black ones, like new. Beautiful lens. Well worth getting a good one.

The industar-69 is waiting for me to adjust it to infinity focus. Although many have done this to get a tiny lens with reasonable performance the "69" is nowhere in the same league as the Jupiter-12, Orion-15 or Russar-MR2. I thought i might buy a few I-69's to try and become a "lens mechanic" but the price seems to have risen considerably. If thinking about an I-69 do yourself a favour - don't - just buy a Jupiter-12, works fine right out of the wrapping. Great lens. They once were an adapter-orphan because few bodies could handle the rear protrusion, but they fit on the GXR-M if nothing much else in digital (M8/9 for a Russian lens! (laugh)) - I guess it helps to keep the price reasonable for this great little lens.

Now don't y'all rush and push the price up, I might just want to buy another one.

Tom

hello

In addition, there is no need to modify this lens to work at Infinity. I read some reports that this lens needs to be modified to work at Infinity. But it seems not be the case of GXR M + M39 adapter? It works just fine without modifying anything.

that is probably because your lens was modified by the previous owner as the flange of the chaika is 28 mm
(according to https://www.google.fr/#hl=fr&output=sea ... 0&bih=1018)
compared to 28.8 for Leica M or LTM
the difference is small but may make infinity focusing impossible
this link (among may others) shows how this can be done
http://hamishgill.blogspot.fr/2008/11/m ... son-r.html

i bought one from ebay that was previously modified but so very badly that the parts are hardly holding together,
however i really consider buying another one

jean pierre aubry

Back