GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

I would walk/drive a mile for a good picture

riccadonna

I would like to share my entry for a reception in the art library where I occasionally work as a photographer and have some paintings. The owners asked artists whose works are exhibited to come with a personal interpretation of a shoe theme. My old and worn Goodyear Addidas was an easy suggestion what to do with it. Art library is a kind of unique place, in that one can rent a painting for 10$ in three weeks period during which one can freely swap paintings if wished. One can buy them too, of course. Art library was founded some fifty years ago by mr. Knud Petersen grand old/young man of danish resistance, who during world war II founded with his likewise teenage friends a sabotage group they called Churchill Club. They escaped a death sentence after arrest due to being underage. After war mr. Petersen´s activity was writing and participating in art, mainly the Fluxus movement. His passed away 89 years old last december. The art library´s site is- w.w.w.kunstbiblioteket.dk - if somebody should be curious.
Stanislaw Vroom Vroom

Attachments

• R0033583web.jpg
    EXIF
    R0033583web.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 291
Good idea,sadly without speed effect... :D
Summicron was my better lens,30 years a go,really amazing,but really expansive....
i need to sale it,and i cry it sometime !

Stanislaw, it is an interesting tale you tell...life is such an amazing series of circumstances, bringing us to our present instance of existence...
Very sharp image, by the way! And lovely colours...
Andy

Hi Stanislaw, I like the shoe, the photo & the colours. I took a look around the Art Library website and I think I found 6 of your paintings (family name begins with Z?). Very colourful too and quite intriguing.....'Top Drawer' my favourite in what I think is a different style to the others???

Richard

Attachments

• Top Drawer.JPG
    EXIF
    Top Drawer.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
Yes Richard, my family name is, in original polish version Żółczyński. I used to paint in different manners, my weak side not having developed a distinctive, recognisable style. Too multitasking guy. Well I did enjoy it while it lasted. Anyway, I´m still thinking of coming back to it.

Back