GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

I want to buy a ricoh

matko

Hi guys, i have a budget od 100 euros/140 $ and i want to buy a grd. What are my options? Should i get a grd1 or should i save up for a more recent model? Is a grd1 still a good buy? I'm looking for a street camera, one to have with me at all times. Now i am shooting with the 1dmk2 and a 17-40, and i love the FOV of 21mm,but i think 28 will be good enough.

Feel free to post some of the european ebay listings, or if there is someone from europe selling his grd camera for around 100euros let me know, thanks

I'd avoid the GRD2. If you can find a GRD3 in your price range that would be a best buy.

Richard

Blow-in":1u0gpet0 said:
I'd avoid the GRD2. If you can find a GRD3 in your price range that would be a best buy.

Richard

+1 from me, I have both and the IQ from the GRD III is way better, at least with my samples it is.
Some of the GRD1's suffered from a failure of the rear jog wheel also.
The LCD on the GRD III is somewhat better than the 1 & 2 if that is important to you.

matko":92dli8a0 said:
why should i avoid the II? i am shooting raw only
I think, even if my English is so so, that you have been already answered... :? :
thelps":92dli8a0 said:
+1 from me, I have both and the IQ from the GRD III is way better...
It could have been said louder (capital letters) but not clearer... ;)

By the way, it will be nice if you introduce yourself... ;) ...we are eager to see your photos and know about you... :D

Back