GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Hello from California!

PauldeLeon.com

Hello!

As a professional photographer that shoots a lot of weddings and commercial, I found my GRIIIx at popflash.com while helping them with social media. Alex, one of the guys that works there, pulled out a GRIII and I was immediately impressed. I just wished it shot in 50.

The GRIIIx is close enough!

I hate lugging my DSLRs on vacation. Trying to figure out how much or how little to bring drives me up a wall while also killing any kind of vacation vibes. Hauling a Leica kit with that red dot on my back isn't the attention I want most of the time. I try to avoid shooting film when traveling internationally because I like shooting 800 and 3200 film. Even with a lead bag, I don't want to find out all my vacation photos are ghosted. The GRIIIx fills a nice role for me, shoots in DNG and I already have quite a bit of experience with crop sensors (D5000, D7100). This little guy is quite the heavy lifter!

I can't promise my IG will be filled with GRIIIx photos, but I'll try to sneak some in there. I might even bring it to a wedding depending on how comfortable I get with it.

From what I've already seen in this forum, I look forward to seeing your beautiful images!

Paul
IG: pauldphoto

Back