GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Half case for GR D I or II

The Ricoh GC-4 case makes a good 'half case' if you remove the top half...it does have strap lugs and a poppers on the underside for the top half but they are fairly discrete...it uses the tripod socket to attach but the attachment is also tapped to take a tripod...attached a picture of my GRD4 with the case on (and the DW-6 lens).

Richard

Attachments

• 1 - GRD 4 with GW6.JPG
    EXIF
    1 - GRD 4 with GW6.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 943
Im pretty sure the GRD 1 is a smaller than the GRDII, III and IV, so I'm not sure if it would fit..... Well it may, but with a bit of room to spare! ;)

Some of these half cases have a screw in tripod mount at the bottom, might help secure a smaller case?

Hi,

the case for the GR D IV is of course too big :( ... I am looking for a half case, that perfectly fits the GR D I or II.

MarcusEyre1":38z2svr9 said:
Im pretty sure the GRD 1 is a smaller than the GRDII, III and IV, so I'm not sure if it would fit..... Well it may, but with a bit of room to spare! ;)

Hi Marcus,

The IV is marginally bigger than the GRD & GRD II but you can use the GC-4 case with all the GRDs. I bought my GC-4 second hand from a II user and used it on my II quite happily. The main difference in reality is that the IV is a bit taller and with the GRD & GRD II the up-down wheel is slightly buried in the lower case but still usable.

A perfect fit then - well no. Usable - well yes, and looking at the links to handmade cases at least as good a fit.

Richard

Attachments

• GRD in GC4 above.JPG
    EXIF
    GRD in GC4 above.JPG
    409.4 KB · Views: 842
  • GRD in GC4 front.JPG
    EXIF
    GRD in GC4 front.JPG
    409.7 KB · Views: 834
  • GRd and GRD IV side.JPG
    EXIF