GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GXR problem

Genster

Hi guys,
I have a problem with my GXR :cry:

I can not set the aperture anymore. I tried another module (P10) too, but I have the same problem here.
Someone can help me to solve this problem, or is this the end of my GXR-time?

http://youtu.be/xUvxlvq7ofQ

I have changed the control button for aperture and shutter speed (works only in M), and now the problem is that I can not set the shutter speed anymore.
Conclusion: The front dial wheel is broken (?).
End of my Ricoh period?????

It does look like the button has failed and I can't think of a workaround. Another used body would be worth considering given your investment in lens units.

Richard

Hi genster
Please ,don't go out of Ricoh!
If appears nothink is brooked on the camera,myself try to reload the firmware again,
by cause a bug it's possible,you no?

Thanks for the replies.
I can update the firmware (now I have 1.40 I believe). I can not imagine it would solve the problem, but at least I can try it autochrome :D Thanks!!!

Hi and sorry for you
in the past,on the old machine,we can reset with a push a pin on a hole some seconds.
today is impossible but:i try to save systems with removing the batterie for some days (a week or more)
some time,his work ! (wen the bug it's on the ram memorie)
you can try it...

Hi Genster, I had this problem once. I solved it just blowing into the front dial with a Giottos Coco-air large blower, the one I usually have around. Sometimes some dirt or a little hair can just get in and interrupt slightly the contacts. And in my case, I also found the solution reading somebody else issue, so I was not the first one... crossfingers to see if it works in your case... Remain waiting for your news...

Glad to see you happy again Genster,

I suppose you have seen the old fix the computer keyboard trick practiced by all computer repair technicians (usually in secret and at huge dollars per hour). Simply turn the keyboard upside down and give it a few sold whacks. Warning - stand up wind.

Usually fixes it in a trice ....

Tom

Genster":6fon2x83 said:
Thanks Tom.

It was simple, but you just have to know it (and I didn't) :)

Yes I recently saw somewhere similar advice being given for fixing the stuck back wheel of the original GRD. This was apparently abandoned for the "jpg lever" because it was troublesome. If only it had been realised as so simple to be fixed at an early date maybe the present (not so good) jog lever might still be a wheel?

Back