GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GXR and flash trigger

CliveC

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to my GXR, but I have a question regarding flash triggers, specifically the Yongnuo RF603 (for Canon) I own, combined with the Yongnuo 560II

With the flash directly connected to the hotshoe, the flash fires without problems, but when the trigger takes its place, the flash does not fire.

The flash itself only has one central pin while the trigger has five (4 pins in a square pattern behind the central pin. When I go to remove the trigger, the flash fires, indicating the communication between the trigger units is fine.

Could it be that the surplus pins are preventing the camera from firing the flash somehow?

Unfortunately I can't give you a solution...I have the exact same problem with the Yongnuo RF602 (for Canon). If I manually half press the button on the trigger in the camera hot shoe, and then press the GXR shutter, it will fire the flash. If I don't do that, I can take pictures all day long with the GXR and the flash will never trigger remotely.

Also like you, if I take the flash (Nikon SB-26 non DX) and mount it directly on the GXR hot shoe, it will trigger just fine.

Frustrating, and hopefully someone out there has a solution they can pass along...

Back