GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GX200 DIY Flash diffuser

33dollars":dweiv568 said:
Rui, don't know if you fancy a smoke. But how about a white BIC lighter.
Two diffusers from one lighter.
The colour looks right. Just need some enginering.

I fancy more than a smoke! That's why I still drool after 5 or 6 years without touching a cigar (I lost the count). Oh, and by smoke I mean cigars, cubans, pipe, you name it ;-)

Hummm, it seems a very interesting idea, but a dangerous for my adiction :lol:

Rui,

You have reminded me [with your reference to smoking] I read in an old photography book about an "instant" flash diffuser.......a cigarette paper stuck over the flash unit. I haven't tried it myself but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

David

lensman":2i0a3ba7 said:
You have reminded me [with your reference to smoking] I read in an old photography book about an "instant" flash diffuser.......a cigarette paper stuck over the flash unit.

David, do you mean this one?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cigaret ... -Diffuser/

I also saw this interesting solution:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _933wt_958
Maybe a good one for placing between HA-2 and DW-6?? ;-)
Hummm, but complicated if it covers the focus sensor... :roll:

the canister sprang to mind two days ago as well (without knowing this thread...). I find it is slightly better, but the thick plastic is just a little too dense. If it were thinner and would let some more light through, it would do better. In other words, I'm on the lookout too. I have now set the flash to -2 ev exposure,which gives better results, the flash itself is toooo hot.

A white 135 film can will fit round the flash and diffuse the flash, but I prefer bounce flash, which you can do with a bit of tinfoil. You could probably combine both. Remember there's no pre-flash TTL so these techniques affect exposure.

The best technique is to use a proper pan tilt external flash and dial the flash in by trial and error.

Marana":47da3jdv said:
Hmm... a post I made earlier isn't here. I must have forgotten to hit "submit.

It happens to me a lot too.

Back