GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GX100 SD card write protect error

pharding

Hi, this is my first post, I love this camera but a week ago I started having problems. The camera thinks every card I try in it is write protected (obviously I've tried many cards with the little lock switch in different positions). I can now only use the internal memory which isn't much use. Can anyone help? or has anyone experienced this problem? I was going to reinstall the firmware but can't even do that as the camera can't write to the SD card.

Any help would be much appreciated, Phil

Hi Phil and welcome here! When you remove the card, does it still have the small tab in "unlocked" position? I had a similar problem with one of my cards. No matter how carefully I entered it in the tray, it always locked. My solution was sealing the card in unlocked position with a piece of transparent tape ;)

But I guess your problem could be something different? I believe someone else reported similar problem before? It could be either some dirt in the card tray or worse, broken pin. In any case, you will most probably have to send the camera to service.

Thanks, the card lock switch always remains in unlocked position. I think you're right though, the pin in the card tray must be broken.

Problem solved

I've just tried putting tape around the SD card and it works. I think the tape bulks the card out so the faulty pin in the card reader is pushed that little bit harder.

Back