GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

gx100 neck strap

mvf3

hi guys- i just registered on your forum today... anyway, i got a gx100 a few months ago from Hong Kong and am interested in getting the gs-1 neckstrap but unfortunately there are no ricoh dealers in the philippines where i reside... can anyone recommend a more popular/generic brand that might work just as well or even better? thank you very much... miguel fabie lll

Hi Miguel and welcome here!

You can get the GS-1 strap for example from this ebay store (I bought it here too):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Ricoh-GS-1- ... m153.l1262

However, there are probably better straps than GS-1. I'm now using this red "Artisan & Artist"..

It's wider, softer and definitely better made. Unfortunately, these straps are not so easy to get outside the Japan. I bought mine (new one) on ebay, but it was just a luck.

Don't forget to let us know if you find something better than GS-1! ;)

Attachments

• R0012651_sm.jpg
    EXIF
    R0012651_sm.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 5,536
thank you very much for your prompt reply sir, i have lots of pix taken with my gx100 in my site- mvf3.multiply.com ... the series entitled "HUBAD" are behind the scenes shots of a film in progress wherein i am the cinematographer (literally "naked" in our native tongue were all shot with the GX as well ( http://mvf3.multiply.com/photos/album/3 ... 1_5_feb_08 ) , so are the pix from magnum masterphotog charles harbutt's show who's camera of choice happens to be a gx100 as well ;) cheers

recently got an lcd protector for my caplio from a long lost college acquaintance named "brian lim" who manufactures his own stuff- mentioned my problem re the neckstrap and he customized me the best looking one i've seen so far with features and the most superior of materials i never would have thought of- am considering having him add even MORE features like a holder for the 19mm wide adapter, spare battery compartment, etc ALL integrated in the strap- this is just a "prototpe"... but WHAT A PROTOTYPE!!!! :D ... you can contact him through http://echografika.com/joomla/index.php ... &Itemid=37 , cheers guys.... PS- he ships his products abroad and i don't think they would cost more than getting it through eBay :lol:

Attachments

• invicta.jpg
    EXIF
    invicta.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 4,247
PPS- other than that little pouch on the strap that holds an extra memory card, the "branding" (invicta") is actually more function than form- if you decide to hang the camera on one shoulder instead of around the neck, you simply flip the "tag" part and it becomes a non-slip grip :eek:

I've been looking for the Ricoh ST2 or GS1 strap in HONG KONG, but I haven't been able to find one... although maybe I've been checking the wrong places as a few sellers on ebay selling the aforementioned straps are from HK.

"new sanky" (c/o tony leung") by TST carries them= just got an extra batt for my gx100 from them and so far they are the most dependable... :)

mvf3":j7s802v1 said:
"new sanky" (c/o tony leung") by TST carries them= just got an extra batt for my gx100 from them and so far they are the most dependable... :)

Thanks for that mvf3...

I assume "New Sanky" is what the chinese name of the store sounds like in English?

Do you have an address or anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I found the location I believe, it was under New Sankyo Camera Co., Holiday Inn Golden Mile Shopping Center

great- kinda got mixed up because their email add is "new sanky" but IT IS "new sankyo", just ordered a spare battery for my 100gx from them... cheers :))))

I showed up on a Sunday at a decent hour and they were closed?

I went down the street and got the other (cheaper then ST2) strap from Ricoh for $180 HKD, approx ~$22 USD. As I understand the ST2 is $400 in HK.

strange... my extra battery was bought on a sunday... sorry- it was bought on a sturday

tony leung of new sankyo has the best prices- got my gx100 from him after looking all over for the best deal... sorry to hear that they were closed, you can contact him next time through New Sankyo Camera Co Ltd
Shop G-19 Golden Mile Holiday Inn
50 Nathan Road, Kowloon, HONG KONG
Tel: +852-2367 0350, 2369 9491 Fax: +852-2739 2932
Hours: 10:00 -- 20:00, Monday to Saturday, tell him miguel fabie from the philippines referred you :)
ps- gs-1 neckstrap from him is HK$ 170, my spare batt for the gx came out to HK $320

Hi Odklizec,

Is the A&A strap you have is the same as in the webpage below?
http://www.aaa-shop.jp/fs/aaa01/g5b/ACAM-104

Does it originally come with the small string for it to attach to the camera strap hole? or did u buy it in separate?

My friend is visiting Japan, so i was hoping he could get one for me.

Cheers,

Ton

odklizec":b5peahmc said:
Hi Miguel and welcome here!

You can get the GS-1 strap for example from this ebay store (I bought it here too):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Ricoh-GS-1- ... m153.l1262

However, there are probably better straps than GS-1. I'm now using this red "Artisan & Artist"..

It's wider, softer and definitely better made. Unfortunately, these straps are not so easy to get outside the Japan. I bought mine (new one) on ebay, but it was just a luck.

Don't forget to let us know if you find something better than GS-1! ;)

Reviving an old thread.

Got a Gordy sling for my GX200. Very comfortable and easy to use. Makes my GX200 ready for use anytime!

Back