GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GX100 arrived

JJW

[this was a USA purchase]
Ordered my Ricoh GX100 with VF kit from the PopFlash internet store.
Very helpful salesman {Alex}, all the items that I wanted were in stock. :)
I did not buy the expedited shipping, but my Thursday afternoon order from PopFlash in California was at my New York doorstep on Saturday morning! :D
While the DB-60 was charging I threw in some AAA batteries and went through the camera setup.
There were some icicles hanging on my birdfeeder so I took three pictures and the AAA batteries were pooped out. :shock:
Regards

I presume those were alkaline cells, these won't last long in a camera since as soon as the voltage starts to drop they will stop working (but should still work in other equipment). However 3 shots sounds very poor! I think about 30 shots is more usual. The main power drain however is the LCD I think, so if you had the camera on for a while then this may explain it: even the DB60 will only give about 3 hours of continual power, I suspect alkalines may give as little as 15 minutes power-on time.

It is best to use rechargeable AAA cells, e.g. NiMH. I always have some charged AAA NiMH cells around for my mp3 player, so these also serve as backup power for my GX100. I calculate the NiMH should give over an hour's usage, and one person reported getting 100 shots with a pair IIRC.

Back