GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GRDIII specimen set up matrix for boxes

hi tom, your matrix has been of great help to my 1 day old GRD3 :D
With regards to the 'Quick' setup, is it ideally for outdoors/bright surroundings?

thanks!

Try it and see - I had in mind that I use it as a quick response setting with high shutter speed and continuous focusing. However just try it and modify it to your personal preferences.

thanks tom! now i use the 'Quick' setup more. i just need to adjust the shutter speed to the right amount depending on the light situation. and i first thought the shutter mode was way too difficult for me :lol:

No problems - if any further insights are gleaned just pass them on through here - I suggest I have another look at my spreadsheet revise it (yet again) to some basic settings, get rid of the fancy colours and get Pavel to set it up as a download by itself.

I was hoping to get the settings a bit more sophisticated but now realise that everyone is going to have their own way of doing things. For instance I was not into bracketing but after reading an old camera manual that I revere for about the 50th time I quit like the idea now of exposure bracketing and doing my own overlays to get the best balanced image.

The book is a film photographic book but still has about 2/3 useful for general (and therefore digital) camera technique. More a how to use a camera effectively - not kindergarten stuff though - useful summaries, diagrams, charts, illustrations etc - maybe there is an upgraded more recent edition. Must have been about the first I ever bought and still remains pretty useful:

"Michael Langford's 35mm Handbook - the problem solving book for every photographic situation": Published by Thomas Nelson in Australia : 1983 (1986 reprint - my age is showing) ISBN 0 17 006225 2 It is a slim volume but still quite practical. Surprisingly it is a UK book and printed in Italy. There are likely European/UK editions as well.

Pavel

Is the last uploaded spreadsheet at the foot of page two of this thread or is it somewhere else?

I think I might have re-started some interest I'm the My Mode matrix.

Investigating a similar spreadsheet matrix for the GXR

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, I believe the spreadsheet on the page two is the most actual one? I think it would be wise to edit your initial post and upload the matrix there?

Pavel

I have an idea to re-edit this to a more user-friendly mode and also As I have joined the GXR club via a P10 I am going to revamp my GRDIII matrix in the Context of the GXR. This will take a little time as they are much the same but have significant differences. Furthermore I had cross referenced each function to the GRDIII manual and would do something similar for the GXR.

Hope that when I get them ready to upload then you will be able to place them in a little uncluttered corner on your site.

I note that the spreadsheet has had quite a few accesses so, it must be doing some sort of good.

One side benefit for me is that in documenting this feature the process helps me to much better understand the level of control offered and the logic behind it.

Tom

Back