GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GRDIII RAW writing speeds. Test of various SD cards

I'm not to sure whats going on here because I just took some night shots on the GR set to 120secs @ f8 on 100 ISO and found even shooting in JPEG on a class 10 card that it blinks for, get this 180 blinks. But it is a GR at night with a long exposure.
I feel there is a expose time / write data thing going on. I also feel that if I shot RAW that the blinks would of been about the same.

SanDisk Extreme HD Video class 10 16Gb shooting JPEG 100 ISO for 120 secs @ F8 around 180 to 190 BLINKS.
Long exposure / long write time.

33dollars":3sth1z9d said:
I'm not to sure whats going on here because I just took some night shots on the GR set to 120secs @ f8 on 100 ISO and found even shooting in JPEG on a class 10 card that it blinks for, get this 180 blinks. But it is a GR at night with a long exposure.
I feel there is a expose time / write data thing going on. I also feel that if I shot RAW that the blinks would of been about the same.

SanDisk Extreme HD Video class 10 16Gb shooting JPEG 100 ISO for 120 secs @ F8 around 180 to 190 BLINKS.
Long exposure / long write time.

You would think that the image data goes to some kind of buffer then written to the card.
Seems that as the exposure is made at 120sec the data is constantly written or re-written as exposure goes on perhaps? Hence the constant blinking.

Also P33 of the manual says for Auto focus/flash lamp --
"Camera unable to focus. - Blinks (green)"
Perhaps it was blinking if you were in manual focus mode?
Phil, this one is intriguing. Pavel may have an idea.

BTW: I am impressed you are trying out some long exposures! Must give some a go.

Hi guys,

I believe it's "Slow Shutter Speed NR", which doubles the exposure time by taking a "dark frame" photo. This dark frame photo is then used for long shutter exposure NR. Luckily, GR has an option to deactivate this second exposure followed by noise reduction. Just find "Slow Shutter Speed NR" option and set it to OFF.

Sent from Tapatalk

Back