GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

GRD I VS GRD II

It does appear that in his test shots of the books that the GRD II shows more detail. The white balance is
good, and different, then the GRD. Looking at his vast collection of GRD II images, I think I will like this
camera (I hope). His images of a chair, inside of what appears to be a resturant, with NR on and off is pretty
telling. I too wish there were much larger images. Perhaps Pavel will have some here shortly. I do see what is
ment by the "digital" look (more like the GX100?). Perhaps this is from the newer processing engine and differing
white balance, I don't really know, just guessing.

Gil

Gil":3pfg5chp said:
It does appear that in his test shots of the books that the GRD II shows more detail. The white balance is
good, and different, then the GRD. Looking at his vast collection of GRD II images, I think I will like this
camera (I hope). His images of a chair, inside of what appears to be a resturant, with NR on and off is pretty
telling. I too wish there were much larger images. Perhaps Pavel will have some here shortly. I do see what is
ment by the "digital" look (more like the GX100?). Perhaps this is from the newer processing engine and differing
white balance, I don't really know, just guessing.

Gil

The Bookcase examples indeed do look more detailed from the GRD-II and the WB looks much improved.

ISO comparisons w/ Raw files would be great! Could you also convert them to jpeg and then post them in full-size?

Thanks!

Tariq":1c3iyocx said:
PPL":1c3iyocx said:

Hopefully this turns out to not be the case, but the GRD-II image in this example looks more "digital" and less film like than the GRD. It also does not appear to be quite as crisp. Perhaps this is noise reduction not being turned off in the GRD-II giving this "digital" look?

I had the same reaction when I looked at these samples. The GRD-II had the digital look... hard to describe, but more saturated and bright colors in general.

Anyone else have this sense?

Back