GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Display protector??

Hello

I'm a new member, and I've just bought a GX 200 with the electronic finder, charger, and instruction manual. I'd wanted a compact camera, RAW capable, eye level finder, full manual control, etc, etc. Fine camera, used within its limitations, as is true of all cameras. A couple of questions....

Question 1:

I'd like to get a protective cover for the LCD display. For my Pentax K 5 Pentaxforums.com told me that the protector for the Nikon D3000 was a perfect fit, and it is. Is there a similar cross platform workaround for the GX 200?

Question 2:

I'm sure there were firmware updates available for the GX 200. I have the instruction manual, but I don't see any mention of how to identify the firmware on my camera. How can this be done, and are any updates still available?

Many thanks in advance! Ya gotta love camera forums!

acmaxx screen armor. I have one for each camera in my drawer. Gr (both rear and front) Oly xz-1, x-e1 GXR. Check on eBay. Never had flare issue with front lens either...

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

GeorgeInGeorgiaUSA":180lx98v said:
I'm sure there were firmware updates available for the GX 200. I have the instruction manual, but I don't see any mention of how to identify the firmware on my camera. How can this be done, and are any updates still available?

The latest firmware for GX200 is the 1.25
You can find it here:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/ ... are/gx200/

Together with the procedure to check your current version:

1. Making sure that the camera’s power is turned off, switch the mode dial to SCENE.
2. While pressing the (Macro) button, hold down the (Playback) button for 2-3 seconds.
• The firmware version will be displayed on the picture display for about 20 seconds.
3. Check the firmware version displayed on the picture display.
• e.g. When the firmware version is V1.00, the version will be shown as [MAIN : V 1.00] as follows:
MAIN : V 1.00
BKUP : V X.XX
MONI : V X.XX
ADJD : V X.XX
EXTD : V X.XX
CPU1 : V X.XX
SH : XXXXXX
ST : XXXXXX

Back