GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

CX6 Error 00-00-00 50-06-01 - hard reset?

Themegnificant

Hello there,
I'm having a problem with my Ricoh CX6, the Error Code pops up and then the camera just switches straight back off :shock: . This is particulary annoying as I'm travelling Vietnam at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas? we've tried updating the firmware to version 1.26, but it hasn't helped.
Does anyone know how to do a hard reset or actually fix the error?
Ricoh support hasn't answered yet, but as we're on holiday right now, we'd be really happy if we could take some pictures.. Also we've combed through the manual and haven't found anything helpful.
I'd be grateful for any answers!

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of fault, particularly on your holidays! :cry:

Have you tried another SD card? or if you don't have a spare, remove the existing one to see if the fault goes away.
Probably not the fault but easy to check.

Hello, I was just wondering if you managed to fix this problem with your Ricoh CX6.
The same thing has happened to mine.
Just brand new out of the box.
Used it a few times to test it then the next time I turned on it showed "error 00-00-00 50-06-01" and then turned off.
It can still turn on though if you press picture display and it will show recorded photo's but cannot go into photo taking mode.
Could the problem have been a different battery as I just tried a new Wasabi battery but it worked fine while I used it. The problem did not show till the next time I turned it on.
Did you manage to fix yours or did you have to return it?
Does anyone else know what the problem might be?
Help.

Back