GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

CX 5 Screen Problem

wobzerob

Hello,

I have a problem with my CX 5. Always when I turn on the camera, there is no input form the lens the screen is dark like see in the attachment.
I fixed the problem for I few pictures but I don´t know how, so I think it is an software problem. Has anybody an idea to fix it?

regards
Wobzerob

Attachments

• cx5.JPG
    EXIF
    cx5.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 658
Hi Wobzerob and welcome here! I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I'm afraid, it sounds like a HW problem. OK, some questions. What happens if you switch the camera to preview mode? Do you see the stored images OK? And what happens if you try to take a picture, while the display shows nothing? If the picture is taken OK, then it looks as if there is not transferred the video from sensor/video processor to LCD, but the image is processed OK? Maybe a poorly connected cable? True, there is still displayed the camera status info, but it could be fed from another/independent source? You can try to update the camera FW with the most actual one, but I think this will not help and you will still need to contact the Ricoh/Pentax support.

Back