GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Blurred pictures

allucinox

hi to all

i've here a big problem....i can't take sharp images with my grd4..all pictures are blurred. i've also done a hard-reset...nothing.
firmware is 2.30. could someone help ? is it cause of the firmware ?

many thanks

Camera: Ricoh GR DIGITAL 4
Lens: RICOH GR LENS 6 mm
(Max aperture f/1.9) (shot wide open)
Exposure: Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/16 sec, f/1.9, ISO 154, Compensation: +1.7
Flash: Off, Did not fire
Date: August 29, 2013 7:30:04PM (timezone not specified)
(1 year, 2 months, 20 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes, 47 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of US Pacific)
File: 2,736 × 3,648 JPEG (10.0 megapixels)

Attachments

• R0010130.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010130.JPG
    379.8 KB · Views: 507
They certainly don't look right.

Did you have the camera set to Macro on the image of the bug?
My reason for asking is Pavel noted that the GRD will generally focus more accurately when set to Macro even if the image is not a macro.

Has the camera taken sharper images in the past? Is this a recent problem?

yes, i had better pictures before..the main problem is, that i've sold my grdIV and the new buyer called me today cause of blurred pictures..
i wanna help otherwise i have to take the cam back. my fault is that i did not check the camera before selling it....but then i've noticed that last year, when the cam was still my one, i had the same problem and was a little bit pis*ed off, because on holiday and blurred pictures...what i've done ? used my olympus instead of the ricoh...that was not the goal....i'm still in love with the cam but this type of problems are driving me crazy...really

Have you tried the camera with image stabilization OFF.
Ricoh don't have stabilization in lens but on the censor. Maybe its over active.
Try setting it to OFF and do a 2 sec' timer shot from tripod. Then set to ON & take the 2 sec' timer shot.
This way we rule out camera shake.
If both images are blurred. It would be something else.

The bug picture may be shake given the shutter speed but the door picture is less easy to understand although the image does look a bit stretched. I would ask the current owner to check the focus mode. It may be on manual by mistake.

Richard

autochrome":j80uqs21 said:
a snap-on error,with a too quick shot ?
on GXR its a classic-error,but on GR-D IV,i don't no...

Yes, that's a possibility too on the GRD4 - using snap focus by mistake with a quick full press. It can be turned off in the shooting menu on page 1/3 (Full Press Snap).

Richard

Richard (Blow-in) does have some good ideas here.
This thread encouraged me to put my GR away for a bit and I've gotten the GRD IV to try out again.
I will do some tests and see if I can reproduce the fault. I do see to recall trying full press snap and got blurred images on occasions.

I had the same problem with my GRDIV one years ago.. with AF no problem but with the snap (even at f5.6-f8) the photo was out of focus.. unusable
I sent to ricoh germany assistance and they had changed the following things:

- Optical unit photograph ccd assy
- pcb mg4h main assy

Now it works well. Luckily it was still under warranty.

Back