GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Automatically delete after import

kuleim

Hi, using a Ricoh R10 here...

Trying to set it up so that it automatically deletes the photos from the camera after importing them.

I've tried to find a setting in the software (DL-10), and didn't see one.

Also I tried to use the win7 "Import Photo and Video" settings, chose "Erase after importing", and it simply didn't do it.

I'm guessing if I could locate the win7 import wizard then I could set it to run as administrator, that might work. But does anyone know of a solution that works? Thanks.

I use an R10, too. I don't remember seeing that setting but wouldn't use it anyway! Call me paranoid if you will, but I always wait until I've backed up and post-processed the files and know they're ok before I clear the camera card.

Hi kuleim and welcome on the board! As far as I know, there is no such option in Ricoh cameras or the software shipped with them. So I guess your only hope is to use a 3rd party program that can do what you want or to write a short script using something like AutoIt or similar tool?

On the other hand, I fully agree with The Jannie. It's not a very good idea to automatically delete the photos from the card. Definitely not before visual check of downloaded photos. It happened to me several times that OS/card reader messed up some photos!

Back