GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

50mm lens doesn't start at all

DiZegna

Ho all,

I have technical problem with my GXR module 50mm. In the past, when switched from 28mm to 50 mm, the 50mm lens doesn§t start. Just green led was flashing for even a minute and the system (screen) remain black. In the lens body wasn't hear any noise. I suppose, that the inner motor doesn't get a command from the body. It did randomly. NOW its permanent status. Firmware is 1.51 the lateset.
When switch to 28mm (firmaware 1.51) everything goes as it should. After starting the screen goes to start menu and the lens physicaly started - inner motor made some noise.

It looks like the 50mm issue, but could be on the interface between camera body and lens module. I have following possibility:

a) send both to servise (I guess there is no in Czech republic), I will neet to ship it abroad - and because its second hand - price of basic analyse and shippment will be price of new second hand one (250 Euro for single new lens or ca 200 euro for single used body).
b) buy new 50mm lens wit risk, its a problem of body. Therefore I would like to ask someone from Czech if I can check my lens with other body.
c) buy a new body with same risk as above
d) overwrite a firmaware between 50mm and body (the possibiliy is not provided by body). SW / communication failure
e) leave it as is and use just 28mm (I have second camera Sigma DP3), but I miss the low ISO perfomance, fastness and usability of GXR!!!
f) wait for incoming new GXR - hopefully with 35mm module.
g) Buy Sigma DP-2 quattro - I like the image quality, but only on ISO 100/200. Indoor or low light shooting is impossible.
g) other???

Please give your opinion on how would you react.

Thanks in advance.

Kamil :cry:

Back