GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

2022 in 1:1

Landberg

Hi!
I shot 2022 in 1:1. I needed to do something new. The best part is that you have to commit since the GR crops the raw files, no way to change your mind later!:)
Here is my favorite 1:1 from 2022.
A5C3EC24-771E-4709-A7D7-211A0985FFBC.jpeg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - RICOH GR IIIx
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Beautiful shot.

I am planning to do the same (shoot only in 1:1) but only for maybe a month or two and starting not right now but in around half a year (end of summer).

How was your experience? Also: what was the camera and focal length you were using?

Beautiful shot.

I am planning to do the same (shoot only in 1:1) but only for maybe a month or two and starting not right now but in around half a year (end of summer).

How was your experience? Also: what was the camera and focal length you were using?
I used the GRII and GRIIIx. When you pick 1:1 in a GR the raw files are crop. There is no return. That makes it really easy to get your mindset right.
I think it was fun, I do documentary photography and it was a real challenge.

I like it that the raw files are cropped. Makes it a more serious commitment ;)

I am not a professional photographer but I am curioua how different aspect ratios impact the narrative.

I tried 1:1 mode on the GR IIIx given I generally either keep the orignal aspect ratio or go 1:1. My main issue was that sometimes I want the crop to be further towards one edge, given I cannot always control this with candid shots.

Great image. I love this idea. Reminds me of my old Medium Format 6x6. Rolleiflex. Oh, the good old times....

I like 1:1 a lot. This gives us total different way to explore and present an image. Looking at 1:1 images on a wall is a sigificant different experience for the viewer. More condensed, "closer".

In my view more difficult to shoot, but ofter with better "keepers" than the usual formats.

I'm liking this shot . And we got a 1:1 page also , I didn't know that . Only yesterday I took some 1:1 pics as a whim .

Back